Mr. Nalli has driven positive changes in Indiana that are being modeled across all of Ascension, including a multidisciplinary command center, proactive recruitment, physician entrepreneurism and the transformation of surgical experiences. These initiatives have contributed to exemplary retention rates and increased productivity. The Ascension Mission – to serve the poor and vulnerable – has served as inspiration for Mr. Nalli while establishing new objectives for finance, board member engagement and community involvement. Under Mr. Nalli’s leadership and integration of 24 independent hospitals into a true network of care, Ascension St. Vincent has become one of the largest and most respected employers in Indiana, known for data-driven analytics and solutions focused on improving the quality and cost of healthcare.
Mr. Nalli came to Ascension St. Vincent in 2014, after a 15-year career with Community Health Systems, where he served as an executive of multiple markets within the national health system. As CEO he focused on the growth of a comprehensive physician network and supervised the development of new sites, as well as significant capital construction and renovation projects.
Mr. Nalli was named to the Times of Northwest Indiana “20 Under 40” list in 2008 and honored as an “Up & Comer” in 2018 by Modern Healthcare, the leader in healthcare business news, research and data. Honorees are recognized as the industry’s rising stars who have made significant contributions in the areas of healthcare administration, management or policy.
Mr. Nalli graduated from the University of Kentucky with a Bachelor of Health Sciences in Health Administration and earned his Master of Business Administration from Drexel University in Philadelphia. He and his wife, Cathleen, reside in Indianapolis with their four children.
Mr. Nalli proudly serves on the following boards:
- Advantage Health Solutions, Inc. (Board Member)
- Drexel University (College of Medicine Advisory Board Member)
- Indiana Chamber (Board Member)
- Indiana Health Information Exchange (Board Member)
- Indiana Hospital Association (Board Member)
- Indianapolis Coalition for Patient Safety (Board Member)
- Little Sisters of the Poor (Advisory Board Member)
- Marian University (Board Member)
- Suburban Health Organization (Board Member)
- United Way of Central Indiana (Board Member)
- University of Kentucky (MHA Board of Advisors