Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
Listening to your employees’ needs
Healthy employees make for healthy workplaces. But personal issues can prevent employees from committing to healthy living, interfere with their health goals and affect organizational performance. That’s where Ascension’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) can make a difference.
Ascension’s EAP helps foster a healthy work environment by providing an employee-centered health approach to mental health and behavioral issues. We offer local community-focused resources and counselors, solutions to enhance workplace culture and productivity, and stronger organizational foundations to empower employees and leaders to reach their health goals.
Our broad range of programs include assistance with problems with alcohol and substance use disorders, emotional and relationship concerns, conflict management, education and leadership programs, supervisory training and critical incident response.
We start by listening to your organization’s needs so together we can develop strategies that set your organization up for improved performance and health outcomes.
Our Employee Assistance Program includes:
- Employee counseling. Confidential assessment, referral and short-term counseling focused on resolution of issues for all company employees and their household members.
- Immediate phone support. Employees can talk to a counselor anytime by phone, 24/7 — including an on-call system for after-hours emergencies.
- Trauma response. When tragedy happens, EAP is here for your employees. Our counselors and therapists are trained in best-practice crisis services.
- Consultation and training. Our EAP counselors provide workplace interventions, customized on-site training and case management of mandatory referrals.
- Resource referral. We connect your employees with reputable, proven and reliable community, professional and benefit resources.
- Online services. EAP offers your employees confidential, easy access to comprehensive web resources, including client education, a monthly newsletter and more. When combined with an employer-based clinic, our online services provide for a connected care experience for your employees. Referrals between provider and EAP counselors and therapists are simple, and care teams collaborate with the patient at the center.